Monday, March 5, 2007

Exploring J2ME

Over the weekend I have been looking into the J2ME api with the help of the 'Programming Java 2 Micro Edition w/ Symbian' book. Being more oriented towards covering the length and breadth of J2ME, this is not an ideal book for someone new to wireless programming. I did however, get a good overview of the J2ME api.

J2ME is definitely a limited api. We will need to code a lot of the UI by hand, developing new widgets as we go. Designing a good UI will require quite some work. I have been giving considerable thought to our UI and the more I think, the more I am convinced that we should adopt a very no-frills approach for the UI. One that doesn't try to get in the way of the user.

On a cursory look, I do feel that making any sort of connection should be fairly simple given the high level of abstraction in the Connector api.

So much for now, I'm heading to work.

No comments: