Friday, March 2, 2007

Hello World! (Turbo Edition)

Yeah, the authors call it the 'Turbo Edition'. After much ado, I finally have the hello-world in the 'Programming Java 2 Micro Edition for Symbian OS' (PJ2MES here on) working. Apparently the .png resource I was using had issues. Scoured a few forums before I could see what was happening. Some argument passed to the Sprite constructor wasn't valid. I didn't care to know which one, just replaced my .png with the one that worked (It had to work, 'cause I got it from the book's website). Guess the effort's been worth it; animation looked quite good on the Nokia E61 (E61) I ran it on.

I notice something weird happening on my machine. Turns out that Sun's emulator is trying to get to the Internet every time I launch it. Saw at least two different binaries doing that, one showed as J2SE and the other one as zaysit or something. Why? Blocked J2SE binary from accessing Internet permanently.

And I used Eclipse this time. Is neat. :-).

No comments: